So Wednesday marks the official start of Lent and I am once again rolling out my 44 Day Eat Clean Challenge #ECC44 I’ve had so many people asking about it since I posted it to my snapchat (Username: Leanneacmoore) last week so here are all the details you need to know.
So why 44 days? Well lent 2017 officially runs from Wednesday March 1st to Thursday April 13th – a total of 44 days! I am challenging you to spend that time adopting a healthy approach to food, making the best possible choices you can make and eliminating all junk food for the six-week stint. Not only will you be cleaning up your diet but you will also see a MASSIVE change in your body – both in how it feels and how it looks – by Easter weekend.
• To eat clean, nutritious and wholesome foods for the next 44 days
• No junk food or cheat meals
• Drink 1.5-2ltr of water daily
• Use the hashtag #ECC44 and #leannemoorefitness when sharing motivation or meals on social media
Some Things To Point Out:
• The challenge does not rule out alcohol (mainly because not as many people would commit to it if it did!!) However remember that choosing foods the day after a night of drinking can be quite tricky.
• The challenge does not mean you cannot eat out. It just challenges you to choose the best possible options you can for the next 44 days. I usually opt for fish and vegetables or steak and vegetables when I eat out.
• The challenge means trying where you can to cook your meals using as little “convenience” products as you can. (i.e. instead of that jar of tomato sauce with additives – try make your own with pasta, garlic, onions and herbs). It might sound like a lot but it is completely doable.
• The challenge does not mean you can’t have any packaged foods at all – instead try to opt for foods with only wholesome ingredients. My general rule here is that when reading the nutritional info on the packet – opt only for products that have natural ingredients.
If you have no clue what to stock the house with – here’s a little look at my week to week shopping list.
Sweet Potato, Quinoa, Brown Rice, Gluten Free Oats, Butternut Squash, Baby Potatoes, GF Pasta, Wholegrain or GF Bread.
Apples, Blackberries, Blueberries, Raspberries, Strawberries, Tomatoes, Lemons, Limes, Bananas, Pears.
Lean Steak, Chicken, Turkey, Eggs, Fish (Salmon, Hake and Cod are my favourites), Cheese, Kidney Beans, Lentils, Chick Peas.
Raw Nuts (Almonds, Cashews, Brazil, Walnuts), Avocado, Almond Butter, Coconut Oil, Organic Peanut Butter, Olives.
Cayenne Pepper, Chilli powder, Himalayan Pink Salt, Cumin, Tumeric.
Broccoli, Peppers, Courgettes, Cauliflower, Spinach, Mushrooms (for Dave, I hate mushrooms!!!), Onions, Garlic, Green Beans, Mangetout, Bean Sprouts, Sprouted Mung Beans, Kale.
Rice Cakes, Corn Cakes, Coffee, Green Tea, Almond Milk (unsweetened), Unsalted Butter, 100% Whey Protein Powder, Hummus.
So in a nutshell ALL you need to do is to eat clean and healthy foods for 44 days – no sweets, treats or takeaways. Are you in?
I’ll be sharing ideas along the way on Snapchat (Leanneacmoore), Instagram and Facebook. Make sure you are following so you don’t miss out! Lets do it together! Head over to my Instagram page now and tag a friend who you think would like to give it a go.